Security

New Contributor

ClearPass as radius and tacacs (cisco)

Hey All,

I just downloaded the evaluation version of clearpass to have a trial with.

I was looking at replacing our current windows radius server and cisco ACS server with Clearpass.

Is there a "how to guide" to explain how to set up a basic clear pass setup for authenicating Cisco end points (switches and routers) with radius and tacacs?

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass as radius and tacacs (cisco)

There are a number of documents on this page...http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Attaching some documents for your reference. there are lot more from support portal as colin mentioned above.

New Contributor

Hey Guys,

thanks for this!  I will go through the documentation today and try and figure it out :)

Thanks again,

Alan

New Contributor

Alan,

I cannot speak to the RADIUS portion of the implementation, but I've just overcome all the hurdles

of implementing AAA/TACACS to Cisco Switches/Routers during a pilot to replace ACS.

We're using Active Directory as the Authentication/Authorization source with multiple AD Admin-Groups

and multiple Device Groups spread over about ten distinct business units covering  ~160 sites in the U.S.

and Canada.

I would be happy to share some of my hard won knowledge.

Vince

New Contributor

good win!

I've been having a play with it in VMWARE workstation and GNS3 (to authenticate a router)

I just got it working with a local account, but we will require AD user authentication as well :)

Any information you can share will be useful :) 

Did you not have a need for radius to authenticate non tacacs supported devices?

Many Thanks!!!

/Alan

Guru Elite

Well you will need to:

Setup your AD as an Authentication source.  The documentation should tell you how.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Sal
New Contributor

Hi VTWATKINS

Would you mind sharing that information please? I'm looking at the same solution TACACS+ with Cisco/Juniper switches.

slete@bdo.ca

Occasional Contributor II

@VTWATKINS

I would be interested in this formation too.

Is it possible to get a copy? 

New Contributor

@VTWATKINS -- Could I get a copy as well?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: