08-19-2016 07:14 PM
We are designing a guest wireless solution for a customer who got offices across country
1. Bespoke service to each office. Captive portal should be customized to each office. I am planning to do using AP-names/location and implement a filter rule based on AP-name/location. There are about 25 locations. I may need to design 25 portals based on location.
2. Solution should support about 1500 guest Users.
3. Self & Paid advertisements should be supported.
What type of licenses I need?. Do I need CPPM license along with guest license for 1500 people? Do I need any advertisement license?
I have looked at the license prices. they are really expensive. I am not sure whether i am making any mistake or not.
08-19-2016 07:17 PM
then 1500 guest licenses. There is no license for the advertisement module.
Just keep in mind that a single 5K appliance does not provide any
redundancy. Have you reach out to your Aruba partner?
08-19-2016 08:09 PM
Say, If I need to have 25 captive portals based on AP location, i need to have atleast 25 policies.
Does that need policy(CPP) license? .. If not, I am happy.
Aruba is new to this client. We dont have partner. Need to find one.
08-19-2016 08:21 PM
hardware) which includes the base licenses, and then add on guest licenses.
08-20-2016 04:57 AM
I just came across Cisco ISE express , a light version of ISE, only for guest users. It comes for 1/2th cost of Aruba Clearpass guest platform.
Is there any light version of Aruba clearpass is available?. Am i missing any funtionality here?..Quick googling shows that both clearpass & ISE express got the same funtionalities.
08-20-2016 08:34 AM
ISE Express is a very light weight Guest Solution with limited functionality and is not really comparable to ClearPass.
- ISE Express is only available as a VM
- ISE Express cannot be upgraded to distributed deployment for scalability
- ISE Express cannot be upgraded for High Availability
- Does not include additional Plus license for Profiling
- Does not include additional Apex license for MDM integration
If you add in the cost of the Apex and Plus subscription only licenses the price comparison is much closer without the upgrade restrictions
08-21-2016 03:43 AM
08-22-2016 11:01 AM
If someone wants to use radius server only for guest access, they won't expect all the functionalities that you mentioned. Moreover, this client prefers cheap solution.
You can use High Capacity Guest Mode which will lock some features but double the guest license for free.