Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass guestRoleID=3

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass guestRoleID=3

Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:12 PM

I have a captive portal from my employees to use AD accounts on. I used the service template for guest access with mac caching to build the service and cash the mac for one month for employees. When an employee logs in to the wireless clearpass authenticates them with AD successfully but it is sending back the guest user role to the controller and not employee role that I specified when creating the service. this employee role also exists on the controller.. I guest the questions is how to make clearpass assign the (GuestUser:Role ID  EQUALS  3)  and not (GuestUser:Role ID  EQUALS  1) to my employees?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass guestRoleID=3
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:19 PM
    You need to specify that AD Source > Member or UserDN = Staff > Employee Role

• 3.  RE: ClearPass guestRoleID=3

Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:22 PM

Thanks Victor, That is how I got it to work. I just thought that CPPM automatically makes user role = 3 if AD credentials were used.... now I know it does not do that.