Security

New Contributor

Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

So one of my android devices has this problem that I think was caused when I failed to correctly provision it first time round.

Each time I try to provision it it goes to the app and toggles wifi - but wifi will not reconnect because the connection does not seem to have an certificate associated with it.

The funny thing is when I go through the provisioning it does not seem to download a credential (perhaps it already has an old one?). 

So I am trying to delete averything ... I have cleared the credentials in the Android settings, cleared the app data (indeed reinstalled as well). So is there anything else I should do to force it to do a clean fresh provisioning?

Any suggestions?

Adrian

Guru Elite

Re: Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

If you look in Onboard, is there a certificate for the device?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

I am an end-user! Is onboard the central server?

Guru Elite

Yes. You should contact your IT department.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

We experienced a similar issue with regards the provisioning sequence and the Android client not connecting to WiFi.

In our case, it was down to the SSID of the wireless network.

If your settings state that provisioning is over WiFi only, then your client has to be able to connect to a wireless network with the SSID as defined in the 'Clear Pass Onboard -> Configuration -> Network settings -> Wireless Network Settings' area. If the client cannot connect to an SSID of the same name, then the onboarding process appears to fail.

However, we did find that the provisioning was successful and we could proceed with Aruba VIA VPN client install and config.

Hope this helps.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: