Security

Contributor I

Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Clearpass 6.7.0 / AOS 8.3.0

I believe I have AOS / Airgroup setup correctly:

Configured under managed node (contains two clustered controllers)

Distributed mode, RFC 3576 / AAA servers pointing to CPPM. Default-allowall service. Forced Registration is enabled.
I see the CPPM entries and appropriate servers and users in the various Airgroup diag commands. 

CPPM: I enabled Airgroup service, I see successful requests coming across. I added the particular device to test with (as admin). I shared it with a user that is not logged on anywhere on the network. 

1. I logged into the network as a different .1X user. I can still see every mDNS device. (even when force registration is on) including the one that I registered.

2. Logging into the .1X network with the user I shared the device, I can see every device.

It was my understanding that if I enable "AirGroup server enforce registration", then no devices should be visible to anyone.. It's like the controllers are 'viewing' the requests, but are not enforcing anything.

Re: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

You should consider upgrading to 6.7.4 , allow all services doesn’t mean you are allowing all the services ..it means that it will advertise services you didn’t configured

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

I have 6.7.4 downloaded. I just haven't installed it.

To your point though, if I only have allowAll service enabled then I definitely shouldn't be able to see other devices such as chromecast, correct?

Guru Elite

AirGroup in centralized mode is currently broken in 8.3.0.0

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Is distributed ok then? That's what I'm using.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

@zemerick1 wrote:
Is distributed ok then? That's what I'm using.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

Curious how your envirionment is doing now. We're beginning our migration to ArubaOS 8.3.0.1 - but then discovered issues with "Centralized AirGroup". We switched to "Distrubuted Mode" and enabled "Airgroup Domains" - unfortuntately as I feared - if an AirGroup Server is on another controller - and a client is on a separate active controller - discovery is not working. Have a TAC case opened currently. Interestingly, when I switched back to "Centralized" just for the heck of it - it's working as desired. But wondering if it was a "fluke" - so now we're debating between 8.3.0.1 or going to 8.2.1.1 at the moment.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: