Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

Posted Oct 18, 2013 12:02 PM

Is there a way to set the timezone on the guest receipt page?  It is by default set to UTC and it is driving the support team nuts.  

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:41 PM

@driv wrote:

Is there a way to set the timezone on the guest receipt page?  It is by default set to UTC and it is driving the support team nuts.  

It should take the timezone of the server by default...

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

Posted Oct 18, 2013 06:32 PM

@cjoseph wrote:

@driv wrote:

It should take the timezone of the server by default...

You should also check the Operator Profile (assuming you are not using a guest self-registration page).  

If the time zone there is set to (Default) the operator should be using the server's time zone.  Otherwise, this could be where you are seeing the UTC time zone coming from.

If all else fails, you could try this code in the Header HTML of the guest receipt page:

{assign var=_tz value="America/New_York"|NwaSetCurrentTimeZone}

where, obviously, you should change the "America/New_York" to a suitable string for your desired receipt time zone.  (Hint: to get a list of all supported time zones, try a View Source on the operator profile page, or use the Inspect Element feature of Chrome or Firefox to see the actual values in the drop-down list of the time zones.)

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

Posted Jul 08, 2014 01:42 PM

So I have a multinational customer with CPPM nodes's in 7 timezones, in a single cluster, and it appears that Guest (pushed from publisher) has no concept of "local" timezone for each of the 7 timezones.   

All guest receipts are being printed with the publishers timezone (UTC), even if the Captive portal is directed to a Subscriber node in Timezone XYZ.

Does this mean I have to create 7 copies of my self-registration and hard-code a timezone as shown below into each one of them?

If all else fails, you could try this code in the Header HTML of the guest receipt page:

{assign var=_tz value="America/New_York"|NwaSetCurrentTimeZone}

Certainly doesn't scale well for global customers...

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Receipt Timezone

Posted Oct 07, 2014 05:38 PM

I also have users around the world, and I would like to have their guest_receipt and email receipt to reflect their correct timezone.  How can I get this done.  For Hawaii I applied {assign var=_tz value="Pacific/Honolulu"|NwaSetCurrentTimeZone} to the guest_receipt which worked for a bit, then reverted back the time where the Clearpass server is located. 

Does anyone have any fixes for this?