Security

Contributor II

Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

I'm trying to create a custom "Create Multiple Guest Accounts" form that limits/validates the number of guest accounts the various operator profiles can create.  I've created multiple "num_account" fields that properly limit and validate the arguments, but the create function is expecting the variable/field "num_accounts" and I've had to rename each of my fields with a unique name.  How can I take the custom number of accounts integer from my field and assign it to the num_account field to actually create the accounts?

For example, one field is num_accounts_5 that limits only up to 5 accounts can be made.  The form validates the imput correctly, but when you go to create the accounts, you get an error:

Error
The num_accounts field must be provided to create multiple guest accounts.

thanks

mike

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Aruba

Re: Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

Why not just use the "Account Limit" field within the Operator Profile to limit the number of accounts each operator can make?

9-27-2016 11-38-06 AM.png

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Contributor II

Re: Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

That works and was my initial plan, but without validation someone can make 1000 accounts, of which only 5 actually get made and they won't know until after they make them.

The num_accounts field has nice validation and limits in it, it would seem a waste to not use them to alert the operators from the start what they can and can't do.

thanks

mike

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: