Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest sponsor_name change

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest sponsor_name change

Posted Jul 06, 2018 07:34 AM

Hello fellow Airheads, 

I have a customer running Clearpass Guest with visitor registration badges, where sponsor is being printed on them among other things.

The problem we noticed is that when a sponsor changes name for some reason (Marriage?) the old name still appears because Clearpass Guest is setup to use the cn which can't be changed due to restrictions at the customer side.

They however change the displayName so my question is can I change the printed badge to show the displayName of the sponsor instead of the cn? Is it enough to only replace the Sponsor Lookup attribute sponsor_name | cn with sponsor_name | displayName on the authentication server or do I have to do something more/else?

/Johan

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest sponsor_name change
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2018 09:37 AM

Yes that should do it as long as you haven't restricted the attributes pulled from the authentication server in the Display Attributes section.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest sponsor_name change

Posted Jul 12, 2018 04:29 AM

Tried and it worked, thanks!

/Johan