Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass VM upgrade, extra hard drive?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass VM upgrade, extra hard drive?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 02:40 PM

So according to the documentation, I am supposed to attach another hard drive to my clearpass server for the upgrade to 6.1.  So what do I do with the old hard drive?  I can't keep giving more hard drives to the clearpass server every upgrade.  Can I remove the old one?  If so, when is it safe to do so?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass VM upgrade, extra hard drive?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2013 03:02 PM

What are you upgrading FROM?  That will determine if you even need to attach a harddrive.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass VM upgrade, extra hard drive?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 03:12 PM

I am upgrading from 6.01, I did get a response from tac, they said that the second hard drive is all I should need.  The next update will use the initial hard drive.  Thanks for your help!

• 4.  RE: Clearpass VM upgrade, extra hard drive?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2013 01:26 AM

CPPM eventually will take a total of 3 drives

1-Initial image

1-Running Image

1-UpGrades

If you are upgrading to a cumulative patch it will use the same HD, but if you upgrade versions (example: 6.1 to 6.2) you will need the third drive. 

CPPM upgrades between releases just like you would with our controllers. It will upgrade one drive, boot to it so you have the option to boot to the other dive if there was an issue during the upgrade or if you need to role back to an older version.