Security

New Contributor

Clearpass and Chrome 58

Hi,

Anyone experienced this yet?

Since updating to Chrome 58, Clearpass Policy Manager GUI is no longer accessible.  Only top screen header loads. [edit] CPPM version 6.6.5.93247

Developer mode says that dojo.js:16 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

On Guard / Guest, and Insight still work however.

[edit #2] I found that if you resize the window, the page finishes loading.

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass and Chrome 58

I have not seen that in Chrome 58. Best to open up a TAC case.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

Ah, thanks for the "resize" hint. I'd opened it in Firefox before I thought of that. We are still on version 6.5.7.85381, so it is not a recent change in CPPM that breaks it.

New Contributor

Just started seeing the same behavior here with Chrome 58. No issues with Firefox 53. Thanks for the workaround.

New Contributor

Yup.  Seems to be a javascript issue.  I couldn't even hit the login button here to post.  Had to disable and reenable javascript on Chrome 58.  Then do the resize trick.

Guru Elite

Just a quick update. Engineering is aware of the issue with a change by Google in Chrome 58. I will post updates here.

Thanks for confirming. I was awfully suspicious of the Chrome update. 

cappalli wrote:

Just a quick update. Engineering is aware of the issue with a change by Google in Chrome 58. I will post updates here.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix. Until then, resize away!

Tim,

Do you have an update on this yet?

Carson Hulcher
@carson_hulcher | ACDX 512 | ACCX 583 | ACMP

Guru Elite

Nothing to report yet. The quick workaround is to briefly resize the browser.

The issue is found and is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming 6.6.7 ClearPass patch release.

For the time till then, a nice tip I got from Garth Benedict: use the zoom keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl -, Ctrl = to quickly zoom out and in again to get around this issue. I posted a short video demo on Youtube:

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: