Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass hyper-v support?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 05:08 PM

I've been looking around for an answer to this but I'm unable to find anything....

Currently I'm running CPPM + Guest on Vmware ESXi 5.1 but we're looking at moving away from vmware to Hyper-V, clearpass is the only VA i have that doesn't state any sort of support for Hyper-V as far as i can tell. Is there anything planned for the future or a any current method of getting it working on Hyper-V? 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2013 05:20 PM

Greetings,

Your correct in your observations that today we only support VMware when running ClearPass in a virtualised environment. Specifically ESXi 5.1 - 4.0.

We are constantly reviewing what we need to deliver from a feature and function perspective to keep ClearPass as the leading product in its technology space. We will be making some changes in the next release of CPPM late in Q4 which becomes a technology gateway to allow us to look at supporting additional hypervisors in the future. The first one we'd plan to add would most likely be MSFT Hyper-V. 

We don't have a specific timeline or even a commitment to deliver Hyper-V support, but we hear from the field this is required....along with 999 other features, but this one is pretty high in the wish-list.

Feel free to send me more details on your requirement   danny@arubanetworks.com as I'm holding the list of customers requesting this feature and I can add you to the list.

Best Regards

-d

• 3.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Oct 22, 2013 05:33 PM

Thank you for the very quick response, it's good to hear there's a need for it.

Hyper-V has certainly made quite a name for itself with 2012 and now 2012R2, while still not quite as efficient as VMware at what it does, the features are certainly there now and it's beginning to take a fair chunk of the market share from VMware. It's easy to see why when you compare the costs involved. (Personally due to the licensing model we're in Hyper-V works out at less than a third of the cost of VMware for the same implementation) I can only see this trend continuing with VMware having stood too still for too long on it's progression while MSFT are still pushing forwards on both feet with theirs.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Oct 29, 2013 11:49 AM

mrbios,

Keep in mind that there are ClearPass hardware appliances as well that could serve your needs.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:14 PM

The last update on this post was 2013.   I have heard that Aruba is making an announcement concerning support for ClearPass on Hyper-V this month (Feb. 2015), but I can't yet find anything.   Can you verify?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:16 PM

Yes. Hyper-V is now supported as of 6.5. The images are available on the support site.

[EDIT]

• 7.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 04:33 PM

Thanks Tim.   Can you point me in the right direction for those images?   From the support site, I pulled down a couple PDF files on upgrading to 6.5 and installing 6.5 but neither document shows support for Hyper-V (whereas they document support for the latest ESX versions).

• 8.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

• 9.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 06:34 PM

They are NOT available currently. We plan to release the Hyper-V images in the next couple of week. We jsut need to iron out a couple of performance related issues we are seeing.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Feb 04, 2014 05:26 PM

Any new information on the roadmap for Hyper-V support? Already know that Airwaves is supported, but this is really needed in the education sector because we cannot all afford to setup a VMware infrastructure.

• 11.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2014 05:36 PM
    It is on the roadmap. That was why the hard drive change was put in the 6.3 release.

• 12.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Feb 04, 2014 05:38 PM

Good to know - any eta - Maybe sometime this year?

• 13.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2014 06:36 PM
    No committed date as of yet.

• 14.  RE: Clearpass hyper-v support?

Posted Jan 26, 2015 04:30 AM

any news around the support for hyper-v?