Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

Posted Sep 22, 2014 02:53 PM

We just received 3 Samsung Chrombooks and they will not get on our network.

According to the Chromebook help system Help :

Your Chromebook can connect to the following types of networks:

• Standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    • Security: WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise

Am I really going to have to create a new SSID just because these things can't handle WPA2?

Also, what is WPA-Enterprise? I don't see that option in my list of possible encryptions, is it something that Aruba doesn't support?

Mark

• 2.  RE: Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2014 02:55 PM

I have connected many Samsung Chromebooks to WPA2-Enterprise networks.

Can you give us a little more detail about it not connecting?

What message are you getting? Are you seeing anything on the controller or authentication server?

• 3.  RE: Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

Posted Sep 22, 2014 03:05 PM

You need to do an update that will allow you to use those type of authentication , connect the device to the wired and then try again

• 4.  RE: Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

Posted Sep 22, 2014 06:56 PM
    Hi Mark, we are able to connect our chromebook to both wpa2 and wpa-enterprise (802.1x)

• 5.  RE: Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

Posted Sep 25, 2014 11:26 AM

interesting. The official chromebook help says it will not connect to wpa2. However we have been able to get it to connect to WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK. Of course all of our networks are WPA2-Enterprise

What happens if i change the SSID? does everyone connected get dropped and have to reconnect?

Mark

• 6.  RE: Connecting Chromebooks to wireless

Posted Sep 25, 2014 07:23 PM
    We have our chromebooks connected to wpa2 enterprise. Only thing I wish clear pass would decide if they are computers or Linux embedded. It's really hard to profile.