Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Captive Portal Requires Access to Mgmt IP?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller Captive Portal Requires Access to Mgmt IP?

Posted Jul 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Hello, I can't seem to get the captive portal to pop up for clients unless I give them access to the controllers management IP which I don't want to do.  So my master/local controllers are managed in vlan 3 with management ip of 192.168.3.2 (master) and 192.168.3.3 (local).  The controllers have no other IP in any other vlans.  They only have another layer 2 vlan for clients: vlan 4.  So the clients connect to an ssid and get placed in vlan 4 but they cannot get the captive portal to appear unless I allow on my external non-aruba router traffic to pass between the management vlan 3 and the client vlan 4 which I don't want to do because I don't want the clients talking to the management vlan.  I don't think I want the controller acting as a router but do I need to give the controller(s) an IP in VLAN 4 for the captive portal to work?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Controller Captive Portal Requires Access to Mgmt IP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2015 10:33 AM
    Yes you have to have an IP address on the controller for the user VLANs or captive portal cannot work. The gateway can still remain upstream.

Thanks,
    Tim