Security

Valued Contributor I

Customising Clearpass Guest device registration page

Just starting to look at end users registering game consoles via clearpas guest page so they can connect to a WPA2-PSK network. Got it to work, but theres too much onfo on the default screen ( see attachged image)

Ideally I want . ...

The user to see a name field and a mac address field and nothingf else 

or

As a more general reg page , add a drop down list defining valid device types e.g "Game Console" "Chromecast, Roku,Apple TV etc and when you select one you get a dynamic page

e.g. If game console,  then just prompt for device name and mac adress

if one of a list of airgroup devices, make the airgroup device visible ( or check it automagically)  

2nd option would be cool!

A

Guru Elite

Re: Customising Clearpass Guest device registration page

We generally recommend using device roles to keep it more generic, aka "Media Player", "Printer", "Game Console" vs having specific models.

We also recommend you automatically enabled AirGroup for all devices in the background by checking the box and hiding the field so that devices are automagically always shared to at least their owner. You would also hide the Personal vs Shared field for students and expose only the Shared With field.

Here's an example of a common university deployment:

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 9.48.01 AM.png

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Valued Contributor I

>>We generally recommend using device roles to keep it more generic, aka >"Media Player", "Printer", "Game Console" vs having specific models.

Do that already, "UoY Game Console" "UoY Airgroup Device", They;re used in the enforcement policy

>We also recommend you automatically enabled AirGroup for all devices in >the background by checking the box and hiding the field so that devices >are automagically always shared to at least their owner. You would also >hide the Personal vs Shared field for students and expose only the Shared >With field.

o.k. and how do I set these and hide them in the background?

Guru Elite

Would an end user know what “AirGroup” means? The goal is to abstract all of the sharing from the user so it “just works”.

Set the initial value to the desired state (1 to enable, 0 for personal, etc) and then change the user interface to hidden.

Valued Contributor I

problem is while users might  recognise a game console as being a game console, probalby wouldn;t know what an airgroup device is without us telling them.

Valued Contributor I

**bleep**! thinking the same thing :-)

Guru Elite

Right, so why not use “Media Player”, “Game Console”, “Printer”, etc?

Valued Contributor I

So thta's done in clearpass guest/Confoguration/Pages/Fields ?

Guru Elite

In the mac_create form, click Edit Fields.

Valued Contributor I

Because we've got 3,000,000 people here that all need to have their opinions considered :-(

but yes its a good idea, I'll start with that

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: