Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Debugging VIA and IKEv2 + Certs

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Debugging VIA and IKEv2 + Certs

Posted Feb 18, 2016 08:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I've been looking at configuring VIA + mobility controller as a possible replacement for our Juniper VPN service.

ArubaOS 6.4.3.6

OS X VIA client ( was 2.x) latest 3x one downloaded today

Local CA with client cert vpn.york.ac.uk generated

l2tp/ipsec with IKEv2 and cert authentication

The annoying thing is that I had this working with the osx 2.x client but not on the Android client. ..... so I made a few changes and now none of it works :-((

The version 3 client says that the remote server is  not responding. I'm getting somewhere along the route because my OCSP server can has seen a validation query coming in and its sending a valid response back.

I'm not seeing a user auth on clearpass so I guess its something wrong with the ipsec config.Downloading a new profile from the mobility controller works just fine though.

I've attached the logs from the os x VIA client.

How might I get some logs at the controller end to see what's going on?

Rgds

Alex

Attached are the logs

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Debugging VIA and IKEv2 + Certs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 09:08 AM

I would look at your audit trail using "show audit-trail" on the controller to see if you can revert your changes.

• 3.  RE: Debugging VIA and IKEv2 + Certs

Posted Feb 19, 2016 09:17 AM

Well getting somewhere. Now I get a message saying "Incorrect certificate, please provide correct certificate"