Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

Posted Oct 20, 2015 10:49 AM

I am using EAP-TLS authentication on Clearpass. If Icheck Authorization Request as enable, the EAP-TLS authentication will fail. If I uncheck Authorization Request, the EAP-TLS authentication will pass. Can someone tell me what the Authorization Request really does please?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2015 10:52 AM

It checks the username on the certificate with a database like AD to ensure it exists.

• 3.  RE: EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

Posted Oct 20, 2015 01:02 PM

Though the username (CN on the certificate) is in AD, why I still cannot pass the EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request checked?http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/aaa-nac-guest-access-byod/message-id/22993#

Many thanks!

• 4.  RE: EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2015 10:52 AM

It's used to validate against another authentication source. The Onboard respository for example.

• 5.  RE: EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

Posted Oct 20, 2015 10:59 AM

Many thanks, Tim, for your reply. It is Authorizaton Request as its name indicates. Why do you say it is another authentication?

• 6.  RE: EAP-TLS authentication with Authorization Request enalble

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2015 11:00 AM

In many cases, authentication sources are used as authorization sources....