Security

Frequent Contributor I

Error sending SMS message over SMTP

NO Carrier specified.  Do I need to add it to the send SMS form/field?  it works when I send a test when creating the SMS gateway.

Guru Elite

Re: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

For every user that is created that you want to use SMS over SMTP you need to ensure that the form that creates the user (guest self-registration, for example) has the visitor_carrier attribute, so the SMS over SMTP service knows which carrier format is used to send the SMS..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I already have it on the "Create Guest Account" page.  I chose the correct carrier from the drop down.

Aruba Employee

Can you confirm you are on the most recent 3.9 release?  There were some updates in one of the updates related to SMS over SMTP.

Frequent Contributor I

I am on version 'Aruba ClearPass Guest OS release 3.9'

Aruba Employee

Yes, but that does not show the point release.  Does running Administrator > Plugin Manager > Update Plugins come up clean?

Frequent Contributor I

New Plugins: 0 There are no new plugins available for installation at this time.

Aruba Employee

I woulod open a ticket with support.  Looks like a bug.  You confirmed when you edit the user the carrier is saved?  I see it is in your create form, but you do want to make sure that it took. 

Frequent Contributor I

ok thanks!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: