Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

Posted Jun 23, 2016 01:59 AM

Hi I have a open ntwork that provides internet access to site visitors. All they have todo is accept the terms and conditions and push the login button on a splash page. The manangement team want to force guest user back to the T&C page every 30  mins. If they accept the Terms and conditions and press the login button they will be reconnected to the network. Why do this? Just to be painful. Hey the service is free. We may introduce charging at a later date. First 30 mins is free and then provide a credit card.

I have got the splash page and the accept T&C working on Clearpass. Just not sure of my next step.

• 2.  RE: Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 03:17 AM

The easiest way is to send a session-timeout=1800 when they click on accept.

After 30 mins, the session will timeout which will bring them back to that portal to hit the button again.

• 3.  RE: Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

Posted Jun 23, 2016 05:13 AM

Hi thanks for this suggestion. Just how would I do that

• 4.  RE: Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 05:45 AM

I your guest service, just need to add an additional enforcement profile.

Snip20160623_1.png

• 5.  RE: Force Guest users to accept T&C every 30 Minutes using Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 07:05 AM
    If you return an idle timeout via radius, you also need to enable "reauthentication" in your aaa profile and enable "use server defined reauthentication interval" in the aaa profile. If you simply want to make all users reauthebticate you should just put a reauthenticarion interval in your guest user role on the controller...http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/user-role.htm?Highlight=Reauthentication