Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Access VPN issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Access VPN issue

Posted Feb 10, 2012 10:15 AM

Great! Thanks! Sorry for the late reply...

How about this one...

I had a guest user call me. We have the controllers acting as the DHCP server for the guest network, and traffic is NAT'd out. This user called because he could not connect to his company's VPN concentrater...was getting a 412 error on a Cisco client. I thought perhaps the firewall was the issue, so I temporarily added a rule at the top to basically: user  any  src-nat <pool>, but he still couldn't connect.

How can I verify that NAT'ing is working properly for VPN? All other traffic (web, SMTP, etc) works well with this NAT setup...

• 2.  RE: Guest Access VPN issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2012 10:19 AM

@jp.briggs wrote:

Great! Thanks! Sorry for the late reply...

How about this one...

I had a guest user call me. We have the controllers acting as the DHCP server for the guest network, and traffic is NAT'd out. This user called because he could not connect to his company's VPN concentrater...was getting a 412 error on a Cisco client. I thought perhaps the firewall was the issue, so I temporarily added a rule at the top to basically: user  any  src-nat <pool>, but he still couldn't connect.

How can I verify that NAT'ing is working properly for VPN? All other traffic (web, SMTP, etc) works well with this NAT setup...

If all other traffic is working, then NAT is working; you do not have to add that statement.  The Cisco VPN client routinely uses port 10000 to connect.  Make sure that port is being allowed in your guest ACLs.

As a tip, many people just try to allow DNS, block internal traffic, then allow all to deal with troublesome issues like VPN clients that use special ports.

• 3.  RE: Guest Access VPN issue

Posted Sep 11, 2012 09:53 AM

Did you get resolution for Guest access VPN issue?

I am having same issue with the guest user.

My controller running on IOS 5.0.3.3

Guest users are not able to connect outside VPN.

Any help will be appreciated..

Regards,

Jiggy