Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Access using CPPM!(urgent)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Access using CPPM!(urgent)

Posted Jul 09, 2015 01:52 AM

Hello,

I have a requirement where an organisation wants that when a guest comes into the network, they should be given access for particular date and time. I believe that for this we need to quote Controller based solution as this type of feature is not present in IAP based solution.

Now client also wants that an OTP should be sent to guest along with timely access(i.e give access only for 2 days).

My question is that if we are quoting CPPM is there a need for controller or IAP based solution(integrated with CPPM) will fullfill both requirement i.e OTP and time based access.

Pls help.

My query

• 2.  RE: Guest Access using CPPM!(urgent)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:11 AM

I have a couple questions...

What happens when a guest device returns a week or so later? Would they be granted access for another day?

Where is this OTP going to be entered?

I don't think you can do this on the controller either. Either way, I believe you will need CPPM. CPPM can solve these requirements with IAP or controller. The captive portal redirect would have a Click to Accept AND a link to a page for OTP login. That way the user could do either. Also with CPPM logic and MAC caching, you could allow devices with Click to Accept for one day each week. If they try to access the network again within those 7 days, you could redirect to a sponsored guest self registration page, requiring an employee to approve a user's access since they have exceeded the one day per week option.

Hopefully this helps.

• 3.  RE: Guest Access using CPPM!(urgent)

Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:55 AM

hi thanks for your help

will intergrate iap with cppm for OTP and time based access for guest users

• 4.  RE: Guest Access using CPPM!(urgent)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2015 09:13 AM

HI Mohan,

If you want to limit access time for the guest, well you can do that with the Controller itself, you have an option for selecting the validity period for the Guest account .

Else if you want a solution where Guest will receive a OTP mail you need to integrate the CPPM, CPPM having complete Guest solution.

Please feel free for any further query on this.