Security

Guest Login - Redirect on Failure

Hey everyone,

Trying to setup a captive portal page on CP Guest, that if a guest user tries to login with thier credentials, but fail, it redirects to a page that says "Login Has Failed, Please click here <link> to try again or contact the network admin". Basically we don't want them kicked back to the same page. Is this possible to do?

Thanks.

Michael Haring
Architecture and Implementation Consultant
Optiv Security Inc.
Guru Elite

Re: Guest Login - Redirect on Failure

Beginning with ArubaOS 6.5, that is supported by setting the "Reply-Message" radius attribute in the radius reply:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=22044

captive-portal.PNG

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

Examples of how it looks:

Internal Captive Portal rejected:

reply1.PNG

Internal Captive Portal Passed:

reply2.PNG

External Captive Portal Rejected:

reply3.PNG

External Captive Portal, Passed:

reply4.PNG

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Interesting, however, we were trying to do something a little more complicated, but to make it simple I tried to give that example. We needed a new page upon failed authentication, but I was able to change it so the authentications succeeded. We are all good now.

Michael Haring
Architecture and Implementation Consultant
Optiv Security Inc.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: