08-26-2014 10:16 AM
I wonder if anyone has any clue on the below:
- Email sent to sponsor with the content of “guest name and guest email” shows empty. Can this be removed?
- When generating a password for guest provisioning using the ''local-userdb add guest001 generate-password sponsor-email email@example.com expiry duration 1440', can the generated password use numeric or uppercase alphabetical and numeric letters to avoid letter confusion like ‘I’ (capital i) and ‘l’ (lowercase L) which looks alike when using Arial or Calibri font family (company standard font). Alternatively, can we generate an HTML email using other fonts that shows the difference of those characters.
- Aruba controller clock is incorrect, even after NTP service is enabled and controller is rebooted.
Controller is a 3200XP running on version 188.8.131.52
08-26-2014 11:32 AM
1. In Clearpass Guest, there are "print templates" (in v6.4 it's renamed to receipts) under Configuration where you can customize what gets sent and the info contained in the email.
2. You can configure as well the password complexity in the Configuration section under "Guest Manager"
3. Is the controller configured in the right timezone? What the output of show ntp server status?
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
08-26-2014 07:48 PM
Unfortunately, we don't have ClearPass. We only have the Mobility Controller 3200XP so I don't think I can do what you have.
However, I noticed you mentioned v6.4. We are running on 184.108.40.206. Is the v6.4 stable enough for general availability? And will that give me the ability as what you have shown me?
08-28-2014 01:47 AM
--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.