Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Sponsorship Validity Check Question

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Guest Sponsorship Validity Check Question

Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:43 AM

Hi all,

I have recently implemented a sponsor based guest sponsorship system. The only disadvantage is that I have been asked to use the non-authenticated sponsor email confirmation instead of making the sponsors log in.

I have restricted the sponsor emails so that they must be from our domain, however, students have the same domain. I would like to be able to restrict them from being able to sponsor themselves.

All student email addresses are in the format of 'aabbbbbb55@domain.com' (first 2 initials, up to 6 of last name, and two digits)

Is there a way to restrict this format via the validity checker?

Thanks,

--Ben

• 2.  RE: Guest Sponsorship Validity Check Question

Posted Nov 16, 2016 10:33 AM

Just change the doman from gmail.com to your domain:

^[A-Za-z]+[0-9]{2}@gmail.com

Insert it as below in the sponsor email field (assuming you're using that one) and set the validator to IsRegexMatch.

regex.jpg

Edit: removed the 0-9 from the first part of the regex.

• 3.  RE: Guest Sponsorship Validity Check Question

Posted Nov 16, 2016 12:21 PM

Changing the validator to regex would drop my current domain restrictions correct?

If so, can I add multiple regex statements?

• 4.  RE: Guest Sponsorship Validity Check Question
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 16, 2016 01:09 PM

A single regex would work.

E.g. the following regex will match any number of a-z characters @ gmail.com anbd ggg.com.

^[A-Za-z]*@(([g][m][a][i][l])|([g][g][g])).com

I would recommend checking out the following regex site to learn how to use regex expressions. https://regex101.com/