Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest VLAN

Posted Apr 02, 2013 12:36 PM

Hello,

I recently switched my Guest SSID to place users on a different VLAN than had orignially been set up for this SSID.  The users are now not prompted with the Captive Portal Page.  DNS resolves securelogin.arubanetworks.com to the master controller.  Any other reasons why on the Aruba side that sending the users to a different VLAN wouldn't prompt them with the page?  It does get an IP address and puts them in the correct VLAN.

Thanks!

Chad

• 2.  RE: Guest VLAN
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:01 PM

Does the controller have an ip address in that new VLAN?  It needs one.  After that, you need to change the ip cp-redirect address command to point to that ip address:

config t

ip cp-redirect-address <that new ip address>

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-ip-cp-redirect-address/td-p/236

• 3.  RE: Guest VLAN

Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:13 PM

Thanks a lot as always.  I will try changing this off hours.  I'm sure that is probably the issue is that there is no IP address.

Chad

• 4.  RE: Guest VLAN

Posted Apr 02, 2013 03:17 PM

This worked like a charm.  Thanks a lot!

• 5.  RE: Guest VLAN

Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:01 PM

Does the controller have an IP on that VLAN?  It is required for Captive Portal redirects.