Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest access email delayed by an hour - ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest access email delayed by an hour - ClearPass

Posted Apr 28, 2016 07:51 PM

A guest requested access and an email was generated and sent to the sponsor at about 11:50am. The problem is that the guest did not recieve their confirmation till about two and a half hours later.

My question is in which log would I find this information, ie when was the authorisation email generated?

Using clearpass v6.5.5

The audir viewer shows that it was approved and is stamped at 11:59.

• 2.  RE: Guest access email delayed by an hour - ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 07:57 PM
    Take a look at the application log in Guest. 

What service you using for email relay? 

• 3.  RE: Guest access email delayed by an hour - ClearPass

Posted Apr 28, 2016 10:24 PM

Thanks for answering Cappalli.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but where would I find the Guest Application log, would this be in the log files I've dumped from the server?

Customer is using their Exchange server, which is where I suspect the fault is. I just need a timestamp to prove it.

I've used the GUI and checked the Monitoring>Live Monitoring>Audit Viewer to search for the authentication, which I've found. Is the time stamp here what I'm looking for?

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: Guest access email delayed by an hour - ClearPass
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2016 09:53 AM

The application log can be found under the ClearPass Guest side of the product.

Go to Administration -> Support -> Application log