Security

Regular Contributor II

Guest auto redirect after self reg

[ Edited ]

Hi forum,

I'm looking for something that will:

after a guest register an account and once they hit that register button,

they should be logged in and redirected to the home page without the need to see the receipt page.

I found this code that I put on the receipt page footer, but it redirects them back to the same guest self reg page and clearpass shows their auth request as failed. without the code it works fine if I go to the receipt page and click login. 

here is the code:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--{literal}

addLoadEvent(function() {

Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit");

});

//-->

{/literal}</script>

simply I want my guest not to be able to see the receipt page.

Regular Contributor II

Re: Guest auto redirect after self reg

I also put this code on the header of the receipt but still puts me back to the main self-reg page:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://www.arubanetworks.com/"> 
MVP

Hello!

You do need two pages, but you don't need them to actually do anything on the receipt page. What is shown and how long on the receipt page is up to you tho.

On the receipt page - do not check the "Override Receipt" field, but rather change type to hidden in the form.. Keep the scripts in there as you do, and this should work..

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Regular Contributor II

Thanks John,

I must be missing something you are saying.....two pages you say? I have two pages; self-reg with only accept terms and conditions and receipt page. The receipt page don't have that override checked.

I don't know what you mean by two pages. can you elaborate please.

Regular Contributor II

anyone else have seen this before? I can't be the first to deal with this!

MVP

Two pages - as in registration and receipt. You can not jump directly from registration to external-website, but this process will make it so the user doesn't have to click anything on the receipt page..

I found another post that is very similar to your scenario, which I'm guessing is where you found your scripts. Correct?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Custom-ClearPass-Guest-page-for-Public-Login-no-username-pass/td-p/137559

You might be missing something from that post that cause your setup to fail. Perhaps this?:

>>> Then on the registraton receipt, we enabled the username and password fields but hidden.

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Regular Contributor II

Correct John I have the code from that post. I do actually have the username and password field on the receipt page but they are not hidden, I figured I will have user redirected right away and they won't have the chance to see the receipt at all. Do you think I should hide the username/password field and that might fix it?

MVP

Hiding them won't fix anything I'm afraid. Do you have some screenshots of your setup so we could see more details? Might be that the script doesn't trigger the correct form which in turn should trigger the login process..

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
Regular Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

Would please let me know to post what screen shots? I have included some below but not sure what else would help here.

My self-reg page only have the accept T&C and everything else is hidden(see below) and currently I'm showing the receipt page(Ideally I would like not to show it and be redirected after registering)

Thanks for your response.

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.25.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.25.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.32.20 PM.png

MVP

Did you edit out the scripts from the receipt page? You should have something like in your header HTML:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://www.arubanetworks.com/"> 

And this in your footer HTML

<script type="text/javascript"><!--{literal}
addLoadEvent(function() {
Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit");
});
//-->
{/literal}</script>

Your form need to have username/password fields pre-filled. Since that is default in the registration process, you just need to hide the fields.

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: