Security

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Having some 802.1x Authentication issues

When you look at your access points, is there a + or a - or an E right after the channel?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

I don't see anything after the channel. 

What should I see?

Or what would be best?

Thanks!

Where would the best place be to look for what is after the channel? So far all the places I have looked have nothing after the channel but I am thinking that there should be something after the channel or a place to change the setting.

Thanks! 

I have been looking for the - or the + and I am still not finding anything for channel settings. 

Would this be for the AirWaves?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Question:

Did you configure the network or you inherited it from someone else?  That would determine the types of questions I ask next.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Good question, 

This was an inherited, it has been kind of a beast in the closet but we are trying to get the bugs worked out.

We went from Apple extremes to Aruba 105 and now we have 335's.

We kind of thought things would be fixed with new Airports but now it looks like it is something else. 

Thank you for all the help!  

Guru Elite

Question:

Do you make configuration changes in the Instant GUI config in Airwave, or do you do it directly on the Instant Cluster? (you can only do one or the other)..

Colin Joseph

We are using instant as the controlling side of things and we have Airwave in the monitor setting. 

We see we have an update for the instant and will do the update soon. 

Thanks!

Guru Elite

If things are working, you should not update.  You could cause more problems due to behavior changes.  You should read the release notes and see if it fixes your issue.  If not, you should not upgrade, or you could cause more issues.

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

Lastly, you should web into the GUI of your instant cluster (not airwave) and click on Edit on all of your SSIDs.  Under Advanced, check to make sure that Broadcast Filtering is set to ALL or ARP, to maintain performance.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: