Security

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Having some 802.1x Authentication issues

It looks like we have those settings off. 

Any chance we could have a different issue?

Thank you so much for all the help! I really appreciate your time and help! 

Thank you!

Guru Elite

It looks like you have mac authentication enabled.  That is the only other reason why a devices would authenticate via its username to the internal database.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Translation:

You do not seem to have a 802.1x authentication problem.  The failures seem to be mac authentication to the internal database of the IAP.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you! 

I don't get into those settings often, Would the fix just go through all the AP's and look at the settings, Change if needs be.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

The answer is yes, it would go through to all of the APS.  The question is, who enabled it, and is it being used??

Colin Joseph

Thank you for your responses and patients, I have gone through all the APs in instant as well as airwaves and can't find any issues with configuration, I mean things such as authentication enabled on an AP.

I might be looking in the wrong spot tho. Here is how I am looking for the settings.

Is this correct/how things should be?

Thank you so much for all your help! 

Guru Elite

Edit the SSID.  Security tab.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Authentication/MAC_Authentication.htm?Highlight=mac auth

Colin Joseph

Thank you for the Link! 

After looking into our settings it looks like we are set up how we should be. 

Would the setting for how many clients can connect to an AP be a cause for clients dropping off the network or would they just use the next closest AP?

Thank you for the Help! 

Guru Elite

What exactly are your circumstances?

When did it start happening?

Colin Joseph

The issue is our clients are getting kicked off the network 5-20 times a day.

Not all clients have it as bad as others.

The Staff members are who get kicked off the most with static IP but we see this also with students but not as often.

Out Clients have MacBook Air / MacBook Pro and are running Sierra.

The Client health is 98-100% then they drop the network. The computer will search for networks not find any then the clients will turn off/on the network and reconnect.

The Clients are 15'-40' away from the AP's and the AP's have 15-40 clients. The AP's are 335's 

We have been working on this for about 2 months. It used to be a phantom issue

with 1 or 2 people a week getting kicked and now in the last week, it has gotten worse with our clients getting kicked off 5-20 times a day but with (good) health and our Bandwith use low.

This issue can happen in many different areas and times of the day. No microwaves are in the area and I am unable to find any interference devices. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: