Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:10 PM

How would I disable SMS from being sent to guest when an operator creates a new guest account.  Actually I don't want any SMS enabled. 

I am running ClearPass Guest on version 6.2

• 2.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:13 PM
    SMS isn't enabled by default, but if it was enabled by someone you disable it in the guest self-reg advance settings

• 3.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:16 PM

In ClearPass Guest under Configuration, go to Guest Self-Registration, find the registration page, click Edit, go to the Advanced Editor and about 3/4 of the way down, you should see SMS Delivery. Change it to be disabled.

guest-sms.PNG

• 4.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:37 PM

Thanks guys but this is already disabled under  Guest Self-Registration.  This is not where I am having the issue.  I am seeing SMS failed to send messages after an operator/sponsor creates a new guest account.  This would be the page after they submit the form to create the account.  This page is sending SMTP to the user with the details of their account and giving the operator the option to print the details by selecting a print template.  But it is also trying to send SMS. 

I can also tell you the form the operators use to create the account has auto send SMTP but not auto sent SMS.  Any other ideas?

• 5.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:42 PM

Under Configuration > Fields, do you have a sms_enabled field?

• 6.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

Posted Aug 29, 2013 10:17 PM

That didn't work either but thank you.  I have a 3.9 AmigoPod system and has all these same settngs but somehow I disabled SMS on that one.  I copied all the same fields and forms and settings from there.  If any other ideas shoot them over.  I have a list of items I need to work with TAC tomorrow just trying to shorten the list a little.  Thanks everyone.

• 7.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

Posted Aug 29, 2013 10:19 PM

Under fields yes I have auto-sms listed there is no way to disable there.  In my forms that are used to create guest accounts no auto-sms is not enabled or listed.

• 8.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2013 12:38 AM

You need to find the appropriate create_user form and disable SMS being sent there by removing that field.

• 9.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

Posted Aug 30, 2013 08:38 AM

There is no auto send SMS on the forms I am using.  I do have auto send SMTP.  I will be working with TAC in a few minutes I will update you all with the find.  Thanks.

• 10.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 03, 2013 07:54 AM

Just thought I would let you all know how this was fixed by Aruba support.  They "added" auto_send_sms to my forms and guest receipt page and then set its initial value to "no".  As a side note setting the initial vlaue to zero (0) or "NO" did not work.  It had to be a lower case "no".  Hope this helps someone one day.

• 11.  RE: How do I disable SMS in ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2013 12:01 AM
    Thanks for the follow up. Make sure you mark it as solved if your all set