Security

Contributor I

How is the private key communicated to a client during the Onboarding process?

Does anyone know how the private key gets communicated to the client during the Onboarding process with ClearPass? And is the private key communicated in an encrypted or unencrypted format?

Regular Contributor II

Re: How is the private key communicated to a client during the Onboarding process?

It depends on the Key Type setting within the configuration profile. The settings and how the key is transferred are detailed in the Clearpass Guest User Guide as below:

keytypes.JPG

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP
Contributor I

Re: How is the private key communicated to a client during the Onboarding process?

Thanks, David. So if we choose one of the 'created by cerver' options, is the private key embedded within the newly created client OnBoard certificate or is it transferred  via a TLS tunnel or a different method altogether?

Regular Contributor II

My understanding is that it is provisioned to the client by the Onboarding process over the HTTPS connection used for onboarding. I am happy to be corrected here if that is not the case.

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP
Contributor I

I'm inclined to agree with you. Thanks again!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: