Security

Occasional Contributor I

How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Hello all,

Just a quick one - are are currently using self registration and all is working really well.

Is it possible to bypass the 'receipt page' following registration on the 'register page'??

We would like to just go straight through to the login message / redirect.

Thank you for any assistance.

Aruba

Re: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

in the following screen shot shows you how to bypass the receipt and auto login the user.

you can put this in the header or footer of the receipt page. and check mark do not include guest receipt

<script type="text/javascript"><!--{literal}
addLoadEvent(function() {
Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit");
});
//-->
{/literal}</script>

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 1.57.40 PM.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Troy,

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me - after hitting 'register' on the 'guest_register.php' page, it goes to the 'guest_register_receipt.php' page and sits there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Aruba

I did a search and found one of my other posts and the above should work. There might be an issue with the copy paste.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Custom-ClearPass-Guest-page-for-Public-Login-no-username-pass/m-p/137559/highlight/true#M9647

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Troy,

This is now working okay, I just had to uncheck the checkbox and then handle the redirection URL from the Instant AP.

Cheers

Contributor II

Hi Troy,

Using auto-submit on receipt page works fine.

However, if I auto-submit immediately, the authentication request will fail because it seems the device account created in the previous self-registration page has not entered the Guest Device database yet. (it might need some time, I guess)

If I put a 2 seconds delay in the auto-submit, everything works fine: the service for the authentication request can find the device in the Guest Device database, so the authentication succeeds.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Peiyong

New Contributor

Necro-posting a bit, but I am having the same problem with the auto-submit button.  

If I press it immediately, then the login fails because the guest user is not created quickly enough.  I have had to add a delay up to 7 1/2 seconds to reliably allow the user to be created.

Is there anything that can be done to either have it retry on failure or have the user created more quickly?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: