Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 15, 2015 03:05 PM
      |   view attached

I would like to know if it is at all possible to remove the Aruba Networks company logo from the clearpass guest manager webUI.  this is a portal that sponsor operators access after they login to create guest users accounts.  We would like to replace the "Aruba logo" with our company logo.  

I have tried to do this by changing the HTML header under the "ClearPass guest skin" plug in. But I have only been able to replace the "ClearPass" guest logo at the center of the page. Not the one on the top left hand corner.  

Has anyone done this before?  I guess my end goal would be to be able to customize the "operator webUI" if at all possible (see attached).  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 15, 2015 04:02 PM

If you make that change the entire Guest Module will look the same way.

Here's the instructions:

- First upload the image you want to use as your logo

2015-04-15 15_40_16-Public Files.png

- Then add this image as a logoto one of the Custom Skins 1 or 2

2015-04-15 15_41_53-Custom Skin 1 6.5.0-31102 Configuration.png

- Then enable this skin and the entire module will have the new image instead of the Aruba 

2015-04-15 15_42_13-Available Plugins.png

• 3.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:18 PM

So the default "ClearPass Guest Skin" does not have an editable logo.

Victor Fabian is correct in that you can use the "Custom Skin 1" plugins and customize with your own logos.

If you are on ClearPass 6.5+, I would also reccomend you look into our new "Galleria Skin," screenshots attached.

For more info on Galleria, please see: https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-to:_Galleria_Skin

• 4.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:19 PM

So the default "ClearPass Guest Skin" does not have an editable logo.

Victor Fabian is correct in that you can use the "Custom Skin 1" plugins and customize with your own logos.

If you are on ClearPass 6.5+, I would also reccomend you look into our new "Galleria Skin," screenshots attached.

For more info on Galleria, please see: https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-to:_Galleria_Skin

• 5.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 16, 2015 09:16 AM

thansk for the additional infor hdhal. I will need to play around with the new skin on 6.5.x. 

• 6.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Apr 16, 2015 09:19 AM

Thanks for the quick response victorfavian.  I tried your suggestion but I din't like what it did to the entire guest module webUI.  All I wanted to was to change the corner logo while keeping the current skin.  I'll need to play around with this when I have more time.

THanks for the guidance!

• 7.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:44 PM

I finally figured this out.  Thank you Victorfabian for getting me on the righ track.  

Ok all I wanted was to customize or rebrand my "sponsor portal" so that users from my company get a page with our company logo and a custom message such as "Acme Sponsor Portal", etc.  Your instructions say to "enable" the "Custom Skin 1/2".  That does the job yes. But it also changes the format of the whole guest admin gui.  That's not exactly what I wanted. I do like the default Aruba format for my admin gui.

To make the changes to impact only my sponsor portal or any other portal or weblogin that references the custom skin 1/2.  All you have to do is not enable that skin plugin see below steps.  

(1) - From “Guest >> Administration >> Plugin Manager >> Custom Skin 1”
    (2) - Select Configuration - form here you can change the mode to “Advanced” and this will let you change the logo and customize the “Title Text” and “Footer”. :) !DO NOT Enable this skin plugin. Enabling it will mess up your enter Guest module skin.
    (3) - Save these changes then go to “Operator Logins > Profiles” and edit your sponsor profile…
    (4) - Under “User Interface” you can change the skin for this sponsor profile. I selected “Custom Skin 1”. And now any customization I make to this skin plugin will change the look and feel of my sponsor portal with out changing the entire guest module. 

Thanks!

• 8.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Aug 31, 2015 02:25 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for looking into this. It works great post guest operator login, but what about on the actual login prompt. It still has the Clearpass Guest skin.

• 9.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Aug 31, 2015 02:27 PM

To edit the actual ClearPass [operator login] skin selection, try:

CPGuest > Admin > Operator Logins > Login Config > Login Skin

• 10.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 02:28 PM

Guest > Administration > Plugin Manager > Local Operator Logins > Login Skin

• 11.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Aug 31, 2015 02:54 PM

I am using 2 of the custom skins to take care of the "Pre-auth" and "Post-auth" customizations.  Under "CPGuest > Plugin Manager".... I used "Custom Skin 1" for my "pre-auth" customization and then I used "Custom Skin 2" for my post-auth customization.  

Then just apply the "Login Skin = Custom Skin1" to the "pre-auth" profilw... WHich is in this case under "CPGuest > Operator Logins > Login Configuration".  

And you already know where to apply your post-auth customization.   

Enjoy

• 12.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Jul 25, 2016 01:25 PM

This is great info  in this thread.  How do I change the initial login text that displays  "Operator Login" ?

thanks

• 13.  RE: How to replace the "Aruba Networks" logo from Guest Manager webUI

Posted Jul 26, 2016 10:51 PM

@hartcy - I didn't attempt to change the table heading from the default.  It seems to be using an internal form template that I don't think you can change/edit.  But I believe I read some where that it may be possible to make your own login form but you need to provide the code for it.  I haven't done that so I can't offer any suggestions on that.  

Ofcourse an option would be to work with your accont team to look into the skin service aruba provides.  They can provide you with a custom skin that mirrors you company's main web site including a custom form (its an option).