Security

Frequent Contributor II

I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

I have a customer who have around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from Diffent Vendors HP,Cisco and Juniper and for sure many diffrent networks so is there is a script or advanced thing that I can do to add all this NADs without going on 1 by 1 add? like importing or something like that?

MVP

Re: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

I believe there is a way to add them through a CSV file. I suggest looking at the user guide or tech notes from the support site. also I think there is another post similar to this one on the community. do a quick search and you might find what you are looking for
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Aruba

Re: I want to add around 1000 NAD device and most of them are from different vendor on Clearpass?

[ Edited ]

You can import your NADs.....the import file is in XML format.    I suggest you create two entries; then export them to view the file structure.   Edit the file with your relevant information and then import your new devices.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Frequent Contributor II

Dears I have tried all of this with no luck:

I exported the NADs file naem (CleintNad.XML) and edit it with Excel and fill the Table and when I do Import say invalid Tags I tried also edit the file on Notepad and same error ,so is there is a specific tool?

MVP

Did you tried adding one manually and then exporting it so you can see the format it needs to be ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor II

Dear Victor thats exactly what I did and had this issue showed up ,please try it and update me if it works well or no.

MVP

Add a few, export, edit and import, test.

That's what I did at the start of our migration to CPPM - added 1700 devices that way.

I used Notepad++ rather than a spreadsheet, but the idea is the same.

Worked great.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: