Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

IS there a way to differenciate android tablets from android cellphones

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IS there a way to differenciate android tablets from android cellphones

Posted Oct 24, 2014 09:20 AM

Hello i have been some interesting stuff with this but now im encountering this issue

The cellphones must be NOT permitted but tablet must be permitted

With IPADs and iphones doesnt seems to be an issue

But with the androids tablets and android smartphones how can i differenciate it with clearpass???

How can i set a rule in which it wont let an android cellphone in the network but it let an android tablet in the network?

Im using clearpass guest selft registration

• 2.  RE: IS there a way to differenciate android tablets from android cellphones

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 09:52 AM

You'll need to use a combination of the "Device Name" in the ClearPass profile and IF-MAP data from the controller to map devices to a TIPS role.

• 3.  RE: IS there a way to differenciate android tablets from android cellphones

Posted Oct 24, 2014 10:06 AM

What kind of info i would get with ifmap?

Would i get info like if its a sansumg galaxy tab? or if its a samsung galaxy smartphone?

How does this will work?

• 4.  RE: IS there a way to differenciate android tablets from android cellphones

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 10:09 AM
    You'll sometimes get device name in the user agent which is contained in the if-map data. You'll have to do some research to see what devices present what.

It will be recorded in the endpoint database under "show fingerprint"