Security

MVP

Installing SSL web certificate on Amigopod - not working..

Hello

Got an Amigopod server (latest plugin updates) - we've bought an SSL Express web certificate to use for the portal - and are in the process of installing it. I'm saying "process" since we're not able to get it installed.

I go to Administrator / Network Setup / SSL Certificate / SSL Certificate Install, go through the procedure of copy/paste and enter both server certificate and intermediate CA certificate. I get sucess message, check and see that the certificate is listed in the "SSL Certificate Details", and proceed with restarting services as I'm told.

Once services are up and running again, I check SSL Certificate Details and nothing is there!

There is no error message I can find in either system or app log, not in the interface when I'm adding the certificate. I'm using https I also see in the browser window that the new certificate is not in effect 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! John

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Contributor I

Re: Installing SSL web certificate on Amigopod - not working..

John,

Are you using the import feature? or are you copying the code directly from the SSL certificate.

Sean

MVP

>>  go through the procedure of copy/paste

So - I'm copying the code directly from the mail we got from the cert supplier.

I'm including the start and begin lines, and it looks correct until I restart services.

John

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Contributor I

Try copy and pasting the entire ssl certification info into a notepad file and saving the file as "name.domain.crt"; and then try and import the crt file.

I'm currently out of the office, so I can't look at my Amigopod app server.

John,

Can you confirm if the CSR was generated on Amigopod or externally? The Aruba TAC can also assist with any troubleshooting of the import process if the suggestions on this thread don't work.

Rgds

Cam

MVP

Yes, the CSR was generated on Amigopod.

I tried the trick with making my own crt files - no go I'm afraid. Same thing there after restart of services.

Guess I'll open a case with TAC on this issue.

.. John

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
MVP

Bleh - last resort.. Tried to reboot Amigopod server (not only services). Then I was able to get the darn certificates installed.

Working with Windows I'm used to rebooting, but now I'm adding "reboot" very high on my list for Aruba troubleshooting too.

Oh well - works now!

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway

John,

Glad to hear it is now working. You should have been prompted for a restart of the services to reload the web server component. I am a little surprised you had to reboot the appliance. Do you happen to know what release of software you are running and I will try to follow up with QA on that.

Rgds

Cam.

MVP

Hi Cam,

I was on the latest kernel updatel as of last week, and I was prompted for a restart of the services which I followed. After server restart, the certificate was still not installed. Rebooted the appliance, installed certificate again, restarted services and then it finally worked.

I did a kernel upgrade a day or so before doing this certificate installation, and I believe only had to reboot the services and not appliance.. That could've been the issue I guess.

..John

Regards
John Solberg

Intelecom - Norway
Aruba

jsolb wrote:

Bleh - last resort.. Tried to reboot Amigopod server (not only services). Then I was able to get the darn certificates installed.

Working with Windows I'm used to rebooting, but now I'm adding "reboot" very high on my list for Aruba troubleshooting too.

Oh well - works now!

This answers the question I was about to post.  I to installed a signed certificate and looked good.  Restarted services, by then I look at the cert details and it still shows the old one.  Time to schedule a reboot then.

Cheers

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: