Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:33 PM

I am evaluating ClearPass...  One of my requirements is to provide a "Change Password" option on the guest captive portal.  Secondly we do not want to allow "Guest Self-Registration".    Is this possible with ClearPass?

This is how it works today:

(1) Users connect to guest network, and get prompted by captive portal.  The login form contains the standard fields plus a change password link.

(2) If user chooses to change password. They would input their current guest credentials and hit the Change Password link instead of login button

(3) They get second form with 3 fields.  Current Password, New Password, and Confirm New Password and Login button.

Thnx

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2015 04:41 AM

You will have to use the guest self-registration feature in order to enable the self-service portal which will allow users the ability to log in and change their password.

What I would suggest is you create a custom self-registration page which just contains a redirect to the login page or message stating its not available. You then make your captive portal redirect to the NAS login page (created as part of self-registration).

You should be able to use the self-registration feature but not actually allow registrations and just utilise the self-service portal feature.

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?

Posted Apr 17, 2015 10:59 AM

thank you for the direction dg27!  I was not aware you could do that. I will try it and will post my results/experience here.  

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?

Posted Mar 09, 2016 07:55 PM

Can you post the steps to configure the enabling of Change Password option for Guests with out self registration?

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to enable Change Password option on Guest CP with out self registration?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 08:22 PM

Babiarz,

As long as the guest knows their password, they can loginto https://<ip address of cppm>/guest/guest_register_portal.php to change their password.

To enable it, get to the ClearPass Guest Admin page and go to Configuration> Pages > Guest Self Registrations.  Edit the Guest Self Registration Page and Click on the Self Service Portal Link:

self-service.PNG