Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue with upgrading clearpass cluster to 6.4.3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issue with upgrading clearpass cluster to 6.4.3

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:14 AM

o.k.

I downloaded the 6.4.3 patch onto all my (6.4.2) clearpass servers and thought that I could install them and reboot as and when ( asuming I did the master and secondary publisher first). Unfortunately this wasn't the case. All the secondaries failed to install the update because the master publisher wasn't on 6.4.3.

The master installed o.k. and reboted into 6.4.3

However, the secndaries all have "install failed" against patch 3 ( from the gui) and if I try and import the patch it silently fails. There's no option to delete the patch and start again so I'm currently stuck with a master running 6.4.3 and 4 secondaries running 6.4.2

How do I persuade the seconradies to allow me to reinstall patch3?

Rgds

A

• 2.  RE: Issue with upgrading clearpass cluster to 6.4.3
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:42 AM

o.k. it I upload the patch file to a web server and log into a clearpass server I can do

system update -i http://<web server>/<patch fimename>

and then sysem restart to restart the server. It's woprkled for my secondary publisher ... just trying the rest now

A

• 3.  RE: Issue with upgrading clearpass cluster to 6.4.3

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:52 AM

o.k. so although the upgrade worked and  you can see that it worked, in system updates, it still says that the install of patch 3 failed and there's no way of removing that entry from the software updates area of the GUI.

There seems to be a bit of a miss-match between what you install from the GUI and what you install from the CLI. I've got a mysql driver installed on all my servers that I had to do from the command line but it doesn't show up on the GUI. You can see it from the CLI and use it from the CLI you just can't see that it's installed.

Perhaps a wee bit of work is required  matching up CLI and GUI install functionality

Rgds

Alex

• 4.  RE: Issue with upgrading clearpass cluster to 6.4.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2014 05:23 AM
    In the Gui you should be able to click the failed install and click clear and close and it will delete the file and clear the error. If this is not the case I would make sure you open a TAC case next time so they can debug the issue.