Security

MVP

LDAP Server only work at second contact for PAP authentication

I am using CPPM radius to authenticate user log on to all network devices.  All work very well but only one annoying issue with PAP Authentication Methods. 

PAP is the only radius authentication method for Cisco, Nortel, and Airwave (let me know if I am wrong with Airwave, I don't want to use TACACS if I don't have too). 

The problem is you must log in twice.  The first time, it always fails with message “Can’t contact LDAP server”, but if I log in again, then it works.  It works like if user has entered a wrong password at the first time, but reenter correct password at the second time.

LDAP servers are Windows 2012, CPPMs are 6.3.5.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Aruba

Re: LDAP Server only work at second contact for PAP authentication

What version of CPPM are you using? There was an issue in 6.4 that was fixed in 6.4.1
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
MVP

CPPM6.3.5, but I just upgraded to 6.4.1.  Let see if 6.4.1 fix the problem

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
MVP

I’ve been blaming the System for months that their LDAP service was “sleeping”.  It feels like you have to wake it up with the first contact, then it works at the second contact.  But after upgrade CPPM to 6.4.1 last night, problem resolved.

Regards!

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: