Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Latest Clearpass patch breaks portal?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Latest Clearpass patch breaks portal?

Posted Jul 07, 2014 05:34 AM

Hi,

since today i start noticing  that our guest portal (coming from Clearpass) is behaving differently.  There should be a link in the main screen of the portal pointing to a login with sponsorship.  On some systems this link is not there.  I started doing tests this morning. All system used for testing have been working correctly before.  An ipad showed the portal page incorrectly today.  My iphone showed it correctly.  On a Windows laptop, in Chrome i see the portal page correctly.  In internet explorer not.  Last week thursday i had a visitor which also did not see the link on his ipad...

The http links presented (to a working and non working system) are alike btw.

The last change in the config was two weeks ago... when i applied the latest Clearpass patch.  I threw away my vmware snapshot meanwhile, so i can't go back...

Anyone else having similar issues?

• 2.  RE: Latest Clearpass patch breaks portal?

Posted Jul 07, 2014 06:57 AM

Addition : after executing a manual refresh noticed a new cumulative patch 4.  I'll be updating to this one right now to check if problem persists. 

• 3.  RE: Latest Clearpass patch breaks portal?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:33 AM

Okay, problem had something to do with the translation packs.  We defaulted to english now and disabled auto-detection.  Back in business.  Thx to Koen.

• 4.  RE: Latest Clearpass patch breaks portal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 11:29 PM

If you havent yet can you open a TAC case so we can track the issue even though you were able to resolve it?