Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

License Usage tracking help

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  License Usage tracking help

Posted May 29, 2015 09:59 AM

I currently have 3 25k servers in a cluser.  That gives me a total of 75 Clearpass Enterprise licenses.  My publisher is currently stating that I have used 21 of those 75.  I currently have one valid onboard certificate assigned, 1 device in clearpass guest, and 1 account in clearpass guest so I'm confused where the 21 count is coming from.  I ran a report in Insight to show the licenses but I didn't get any results.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: License Usage tracking help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 10:02 AM

What version of ClearPass are you running?

If 6.5, can you go go Guest > Onboard > Usage. How many do you see there?

• 3.  RE: License Usage tracking help

Posted May 29, 2015 10:04 AM
    License Usage: 1

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 4.  RE: License Usage tracking help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 10:05 AM

Are you using any posture features?

How many devices are authenticated with the guest account?

• 5.  RE: License Usage tracking help

Posted May 29, 2015 10:46 AM
    I don't currenty do any posture checking. I have numerous devices authenticating with the 1 guest account. I have a "click to accept" captive portal page that uses the randomly generated anonymous guest account for authentication.

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 6.  RE: License Usage tracking help

Posted May 29, 2015 12:07 PM

So does CP allocate a license based on the guest username or the mac address attached to a guest username?

• 7.  RE: License Usage tracking help

Posted May 29, 2015 02:27 PM

The licensing for Guest is based upon the NUMBER of Auths against the guest users in the DB.