Security

New Contributor

Limit Single SSID to a Certain AP in Aruba Network

How can you Limit a Single SSID to an AP , Example Guest SSID available in Conference Room AP only.

Guru Elite

Re: Limit Single SSID to a Certain AP in Aruba Network

Create a new AP-Group (configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration).  Go to that new AP group under wireless lan> Virtual AP.  Click on Add to add the Guest Virtual AP.  Next, provision the access point you want to only broadcast the guest network to that AP-Group (configuration> Wireless> AP Installation> Provision.  Select the AP you want to change>  Change the AP Group and Click on Reprovision).  The AP will reboot into that AP group and only broadcast the Virtual APs you specified.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Excellent Solution ,Thanks , it working perfectly has i wanted

New Contributor

HI,

For an instant environment running on 6.4.2.

I can't find a configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration in the virtualcontroller webinterface. Has this changed? How is done now?

Basically I want to deactivate all SSIDs for the preferred master to reduce the load on that AP.

Thanks

Guru Elite

With Instant, you'll need to use zones.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CustomizeIAPParams/Conf_zone_settings.htm

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

i follow the same procedure but Still Guest SSID broadcasting by all AP 

i have 7205 controller x 2  Version 6.4.3.1

thanks 

hope to hear soon 

MVP

Did you create a new group with the Guest VAP only? Did you provision the AP with that AP Group afterwards? 

Could you please elaborate a bit more your query/question with more information so we can help you?

Regards

Borja

Regards,
Borja
ACMX #567 //ACCP//CWNA//CWAP
Contributor II

yes i did but the problem is i provision one AP with that AP group, that AP is now broadcasting only Guest SSID but still all AP are broadcasting that Guest SSID 

how can i stop all other AP to broadcast Guest SSID 

i need only one AP to broadcast Guest SSID, i have assigned all AP to Default AP group 

do i need to create again AP group and put all AP to that Group except That one particular AP

or ?

thanks. 

Regard 

Tej Bahadur 

MVP

So basically you have 2 AP-Groups :1 AP provisioned with AP-Group B (only Guest VAP) and the remaining APs with AP-Group A (some VAP's plus Guest VAP), right?

If you remove Guest VAP from AP-Group A, you will only broadcast Guest VAP on the AP provisioned with AP-Group B. 

If this is not clear, could you please let us know what VAP's you have under AP-Group A and B?

Regards

Borja

Regards,
Borja
ACMX #567 //ACCP//CWNA//CWAP
Contributor II

i need to delete or Remove that Guest SSID from Default AP-Group i guess , because i created New AP-Group and i put that particular AP to that AP-Group, 

now that AP is only broadcasting only that Guest SSID 

but when i go to Default-AP group i don't see either Remove or Delete that SSID from Default SSID 

any idea or i should create new AP-Group 

Thanks

Regard 

Tej Bahadur 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: