Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Live monitoring / Access Tracker only access to CPPM

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Live monitoring / Access Tracker only access to CPPM

Posted Jun 05, 2015 06:17 AM

Hi,

Now that we've rolled out using CPPM for all of our Wireless auth requirements, I'm thinking that it might be an idea if I provide our IT Support helpdesk with access to the Live Monitoring/Access Tracker part of CPPM. I don't want them to have access to anything else, not even read-only access to config/admin.

Is this doable?

A

• 2.  RE: Live monitoring / Access Tracker only access to CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2015 06:48 AM
    Yes, you can create a custom admin role. You would export one of the pre-buily admin privileges and then modify the values. All of the available options are in the user guide.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Live monitoring / Access Tracker only access to CPPM

Posted Jun 05, 2015 06:52 AM

o.k. if you set up a local user with a role of Help Desk, you get  exactly what I want.

... just need to set it up so that our IT Support office people can log in with etheir own userids and credentials and have that sort of access

A

• 4.  RE: Live monitoring / Access Tracker only access to CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2015 07:34 AM
    You'll want to duplicate the policy manager admin service and create your own role mappings from AD or your identity source.

Thanks,
    Tim