Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

Posted Feb 08, 2018 02:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm deploying an SSID for guest with Captive portal in clearpass following this guideline https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-integrate-Aruba-Controller-with-CPPM-to-perform-Captive/ta-p/192291 . When i tesed it, i saw alot of log REJECT with Alert: 

Error Code:
    Error Category:
    Authentication failure
    Error Message:
    User not found
     Alerts for this Request  
    RADIUS[Guest User Repository] - localhost: User not found.
    Cannot select appropriate authentication method

Any one can help me resolve this issue ?

Many thanks for help.

• 2.  RE: Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 03:57 PM

The authentication source you're using is the Guest User Repository and the error indicates that the user account does not exist. I see the username being sent is the MAC address of the device, are you doing MAC authentication here? You should include the Guest Device Repository instead of Guest User Repository.

Is the MAC address registered in the Guest Device Repository?

• 3.  RE: Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

Posted Feb 13, 2018 09:58 AM

wrote:

The authentication source you're using is the Guest User Repository and the error indicates that the user account does not exist. I see the username being sent is the MAC address of the device, are you doing MAC authentication here? You should include the Guest Device Repository instead of Guest User Repository.

Is the MAC address registered in the Guest Device Repository?

Hi