Security

Contributor II

Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

Hi all,

I'm deploying an SSID for guest with Captive portal in clearpass following this guideline https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-integrate-Aruba-Controller-with-CPPM-to-perform-Captive/ta-p/192291 . When i tesed it, i saw alot of log REJECT with Alert: 

Error Code:
Error Category:
Authentication failure
Error Message:
User not found
 Alerts for this Request  
RADIUS[Guest User Repository] - localhost: User not found.
Cannot select appropriate authentication method

Any one can help me resolve this issue ?

Many thanks for help.

Re: Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

The authentication source you're using is the Guest User Repository and the error indicates that the user account does not exist. I see the username being sent is the MAC address of the device, are you doing MAC authentication here? You should include the Guest Device Repository instead of Guest User Repository.

Is the MAC address registered in the Guest Device Repository?

Michael Haring
ACMP, ACCP, BCNE, CCENT, Palo Alto ACE 7.0
Contributor II

Re: Login Status:REJECT on Clearpass (Cannot select appropriate authentication method)

@wrote:

The authentication source you're using is the Guest User Repository and the error indicates that the user account does not exist. I see the username being sent is the MAC address of the device, are you doing MAC authentication here? You should include the Guest Device Repository instead of Guest User Repository.

Is the MAC address registered in the Guest Device Repository?

Hi 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: