Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Login attemps message

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Login attemps message

Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:41 AM

i'm working on customization of cppm and cp guest. i want to know if it's possible to remove login attemps message that appear after login both in the cppm and guest portal (also on insight).

Message tells about last login and/or for failed login: i would remove both from guest portal.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Login attemps message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 04:43 PM

I don't think you can disable that feature that was added as a security requirement.

What you could do for the Guest operator logons, is modify the skin and add some style code to hide the section so users will not see it. For the ClearPass Guest Skin you can add the following code in the HTML header:

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 10.36.33 PM.png

{literal}
    <style>
    .contentTitle{ display: none;  }
    </style>
    {/literal}

Hiding this message could make the solution less compliant to security requirements.

If you need the message disabled in Policy Manager and Insight, I think it is best to work with your partner or Aruba SE to raise a feature request to make that message switchable.

• 3.  RE: Login attemps message

Posted Jun 28, 2018 04:14 AM

hi,

it's good just to hide the message from guest manager and also just for help desk and receptionst.

I tried to paste the html you suggest on header of the skin that operator uses (galleria Skin 2), but i can't see difference...it could be why in the head i have also other html??

thank you!