Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:12 AM

Hi,

Now and then i get the message:

[Th 359 Req 382615 SessId R000085fc-02-51f60b48] ERROR RadiusServer.Radius - rlm_sql (authsrc_5): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0

This is a remote source on Cp to Amigopod 3.9.4.

What must i do to prefent this to happend again and how can i see how many session i have?

• 2.  RE: Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:44 PM
    I would open a case with our support team regarding this message. Have you looked into upgrading to the latest clear pass version?

• 3.  RE: Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks for response.

I'm busy working in the lab for the upgrade, but a upgrade to 6.2 is a big upgrade from cp 5.1 and amigopod 3.9.4. for lager company we cannot upgrade we must test in the lab because we have around 15.000 onboard users and 2400 company client and growing per day..

i just looked add the CP but the server get again the message. =(

Its the 4 time today that i get the message.

I have create a case to my integrated.

• 4.  RE: Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:10 PM
    I understand. However, I would suggest upgrading the amigopod boxes to ClearPass 6.x. That would get you to a point with some options and HA additions.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: Message on my Clearpass 5.1 No free connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:19 PM

I would do as Seth suggested and make sure TAC/engineering takes a look at you evironment.

Is this something that has happened before?

How long has the system been up.

Was there any recent network changes (look in the Audit viewer in CPPM to see if anyone has made any recent changes to the Clearpass system)