Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Number of devices a guest user has registered

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 08:32 AM

Where do i find the devices a user has register. We limit our guets user to 3 devices, which i can see, but a user is having problems accessing the network and i want to see how many devices that user has registered and what they are.

Where would i find that in Clearpass?

• 2.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:08 AM
    If you been adding the Guest email / user to the endpoint db

You can do a search under Configuration >Identity > Endpoints DB

Select Attribute from the filter drop down and then pick username , this will allow you to search for all the mac addresses tied to a particular username/email

• 3.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:25 AM

While i have a big list of MAC address, I dont have usernames nor a dropdown for it.

When i check the Guest policy, the it uses the Endpoints Repository

• 4.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:43 AM
    Are you doing mac caching ?

• 5.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 10:04 AM

Yes, Sorry. 

MAC Caching,

• 6.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

Posted Jan 19, 2018 10:09 AM

You can add the following to the mac caching post_auth enforcement profile when the user performs the web authentication 

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 10.06.25 AM.png

This way you will be able to see the device mac associated with guest username/email in the endpoint db 

Note: The only Attribute you need to add is the Endpoint : Username : % {Authentication:Full-Username}

• 7.  RE: Number of devices a guest user has registered

MVP
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 08:55 AM

For ease of troubleshooting I put that unique-device-count in a seperate condition and attach a role (Device Count Exceeded) to it.

This way in Access Tracker I can see right away if this is a cause for connectivity issues. Much easier than having to search the endpoint repository every time.