Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard Captive Portal Redirect Not Working

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Onboard Captive Portal Redirect Not Working

Posted Mar 14, 2017 04:30 PM

I'm trying to setup onboarding...redirecting clients from the Mobility Controller to the onboarding splash page. I have a captive portal profile setup and the link points to https://ip-of-clearpass/guest/onboard-page.php. I have the SSID open without authentication. 

I can join the network, get network configs, and when I try to go out to the internet, the browser address shows pointing to the address listed above (with a bunch of % signs and other information appended). When HTTP authentication is enabled, it keeps on spinning. When HTTPS is enabled, it hits the security page, I hit continue anyway, then display error/redirect too many times. 

Trying to figure out why I cannot hit the page. I belive it has to do with the profile as I cannot hit the guest portal on it...but I can hit the guest portal on the guest network. Trying to figure out what I did. wrong. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Onboard Captive Portal Redirect Not Working
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2017 04:34 PM
    Are you allowing HTTP/HTTPS to your ClearPass IP under the Onboard user-role?

• 3.  RE: Onboard Captive Portal Redirect Not Working

Posted Mar 14, 2017 04:41 PM

Thanks Victor for the response!

Yes, I have a permit IP any to the two clearpass servers as well as the HA address just in case.

• 4.  RE: Onboard Captive Portal Redirect Not Working

Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:32 PM

So, in short, you're a genius and I'm a dummy. Someone created an ACL that nat's the traffic going to any. This was placed at the top of the captive portal profile. Once I removed that, I'm now able to hit the link. Although I'm still having troubles redirecting (this again is probably on the profile itself)...it's taking me to the Guest link I was using for testing (probably just have to delete cash on the browser). Anyway, a big THANK YOU MAN!!!