Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onguard health check

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Onguard health check

Posted Nov 30, 2016 12:17 AM

Hi, All

Im am new to clearpass and this onguard, I need help or suggestions how to solve my issue. This device was recently handed over to me so im still working on it to learn. We have users complaining that their machine (laptop) will suddenly do health check when they are using their laptop. Also notice some of the idle laptop, the onguard health check will ran again. 

User connectedto wireless, so basically when health check will ran, users will get disconnected. I check the access tracker and found the web auth logs.

I am trying to find the settings in the clearpass in the onguard settings and posture but cannot find it. I also dont know why the users being bounced and I traced the users in the access tracker but could not find pattern for the bouncing or onguard rerunning again. Im a bit confused cause this does not happen to all users, only to a few.

Thanks and Regards,

Jun

• 2.  RE: Onguard health check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 09:51 AM

Is their health status changing (ex: healthy to quarantine) when you're seeing these requests?

• 3.  RE: Onguard health check

Posted Dec 07, 2016 10:10 PM

Hi,

No change in health status, the laptop was just simple sitting idle then it started to perform heakth check. Also you can see in the access tracker the webauth log. We have monitor the issue for the past week and it just rarely happen to some of the laptops. Not all laptop is affected so we decided to reimage the laptop. So far we are still monitoring if the issue will occur again.

Thanks