Security

Contributor I

Overall RADIUS Response Time

Airheads,

I wanted to ask this community about typical results for ClearPass's RADIUS Request Processing time. I have attached an example of what is now typical for me:

Capture.PNG

I have been trying to get this number down as low as I can, because in one of the "frequent disconnect" threads, one user was able to mitigate that problem by reducing the amount of time for RADIUS responses. Last semester I was seeing it more between 1k and 2k, but it still spikes to that at times.

My questions is this: Is between 1000 and 1500 ms a good overall RADIUS response time, and if not, how do I find the culprit. The Monitoring » Live Monitoring » System Monitor screen shows all items under the ClearPass tab as taking between 1 - 2 ms, so where does the extra 500 - 1500ms on this chart come from?

6.4.3.69023 on CP-VA-5K platform

If it's normal, let me know, and I'll rest easy :)

Thanks,

Aaron

Aruba

Re: Overall RADIUS Response Time

What is your auth per/sec? IO rating of San on the vm. HD SAN is usually the issue I see most
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Aaron,

Have you checked out the feature in CPPM 6.4 to BREAK-DOWN the RADIUS transaction into its  componend parts......

ClearPass_Policy_Manager_-_Aruba_Networks.jpg

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Contributor I

[ Edited ]

The SAN is brand new and quite underutilized, but I can ask them to try it on the measure the IO and IOps.

Here is a screen shot from that END-to-END screen that shows some request counts:

Capture.PNG

Also, Danny, I did get the breakdown numbers from those charts. As I said in my original post, they were all between 1 and 3 ms each, but the total is 500-1500.

Aaron

MVP

What ever came of this? Was your SAN the source of the elongated request processing time?

==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: