Security

New Contributor

Re: Policy Service died after AV Update

It would have been nice for Aruba to let us know about the issue. Some people have already taken steps to restore backups in an attempt to get their systems working. I still also haven't seen any appology ? 

Tens of thousands of pounds for a system that can completely crash your entire infrastructure. This has been the biggest network outage we have had on site ever.

New Contributor

This forum has worked well in this issue and this fix was relatively swift.

We've had multiple hospital customers declare a major incident due to the impact this had to their clinical operations.

This has highlighted the requirement to change the recommended deployment options for Clearpass. 

New Contributor

We're working again too, but it does seem the CLI has a limit feature set :-\

Occasional Contributor I

How to disable the auto-update feature?

Contributor II

the quick and dirty option is to block the internet access (firewall / fake proxy)

I don't know if there is an option that disable the auto upte service?!

Cluster-wide parameters > General > "Auto check for available software updates"

ACMX#255 | ACDX#742 | ACCX#746 | AMFX#25 | ACMP | ACCP | AWMP
www.securelink.nl
Frequent Contributor I

But if I then click 'check status now' in the software update category, will the AV/AS updates then be installed automatically nevertheless?

Or is this limited to the firmware & patch updates?

update 1.48751 fixes the issue for me as well!

Aruba

As for now, until it can be fully investigated you can remove the subscription ID.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Answer from HPE Aruba support:

ClearPass Team releases Posture and Profile Data Updates on an hourly basis.

The Posture and Profile Data update version 1.48743 which was released today had caused the Policy Service to crash causing authentication issues.

A defect RM42553 has been created for this issue.

The Dev Team has released an update 1.48751 which has resolved the issue.

Please ensure that the update 1.48751 is installed and the Policy Service is running on all the servers in the cluster, by following the below stated steps.

·         To install AV/AS Update version 1.48751, Please navigate to ClearPass Policy Manager GUI -> Administration-> Agents and Software Updates -> Software Updates page -> Click on 'Check Status Now".

·         Please navigate to ClearPass Policy Manager GUI -> Administration -> Server Manager -> Server Configuration -> Click on the name of the server -> Services Control -> Check for the status of the Policy server.

·         If the status is Stopped, please click on the Start button next to it, to start the service.

Occasional Contributor II

"A defect RM42553 has been created for this issue."

What does this mean?  Is this an internal reference number?

This was a massive outage for us with our Clearpass cluster seeing 40000+ endpoints per day :-(

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: